Skepticator is an RSS aggregator run by Jason Brown, A skeptical atheist interwebs guy based in Sydney, Australia.
It is supported by ads and runs on beer, cigarettes and sandwiches, in that order.
This is BETA version 0.9 of Skepticator.
Coming versions will have features such as popularity tracking, customisation and social link sharing
More on this beta
- Skepticator is gathering data in the background, and sometimes gets this data out of order, especially where the target feeds have no valid creation date on articles
It can manage Atom and RSS feeds but sometimes hiccups over broken entries
- Blogs with a lot of markup in their feeds may get truncated summaries (I'm looking at you, Guardian blogs)
- Approval of new feeds is slightly slow in this stage
- Currently scans twitter and bloglists every 30 minutes. This will be increased to around every five minutes once the algorithms are streamlined, then tuned based on the ongoing load
- Podcast support is on the way - don't email me asking for it, I'm already on it